Phone – (03) 9225 7333
Mobile – 0419 126 532
Email – email@example.com
Chambers – Isaacs Chambers, Room 1213
555 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
Fabian has wide experience as a litigator in commercial and civil disputes, with particular experience appearing in and advising on appeal matters.
• Commercial: appearing and advising in disputes regarding leases and licences, disposal and sales of property, debt recovery, breach of contract, equitable claims (such as misrepresentation and duress), and international and domestic commercial arbitrations.
• Technology: advising on disputes regarding software development, and IT project implementation/management disputes, drawing on his information systems and project management qualifications.
• Employment: acting on behalf of both employees and employers in respect of dismissal disputes, employment contract and discrimination disputes.
• Criminal/Regulatory: appearing on behalf of individuals and companies charged with criminal offences (summary and indictable), particularly in relation to regulatory crime matters (Workplace and Council prosecutions).
• Construction: acting on behalf of home-owners, property developers, builders and other trades in respect of debt recovery proceedings, disputes regarding sub-contractors, delay and defect claims.
Fabian has appeared in a number of cases as counsel (both led and unled) in Tasmania and Federal Courts.
Prior to joining the bar in Victoria, Fabian was an associate at a large Tasmanian firm (and was involved in the Romero v Farstad Shipping Federal Court litigation). As a solicitor, Fabian appeared as a counsel on a weekly basis before the Supreme, Magistrates and Federal Courts in Hobart, and he continues to accept briefs to appear in all Tasmanian Courts and advise on Tasmanian legislation and procedure.
Fabian was also an associate to international arbitrator and the founder of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC), Dr Michael Pryles AO.
Fabian reads with Tony Horan and Jeremy Ruskin QC.