Laurence White accepts briefs in:
- financial services and banking regulation, including obligations of AFSL holders and credit licensees, ADIs, Australian market licensees, clearing and settlement facility licensees and licensed trade repositories;
- regulatory enforcement and disciplinary processes including ASIC, APRA and ACCC investigations and proceedings (administrative, civil and criminal);
- investor and consumer protection including class actions;
- administrative law (judicial and merits review) including Freedom of Information and data protection;
- fraud, white collar crime and money laundering/asset confiscation;
- IT/technology law including IT contracting and liability for autonomous systems such as artificial intelligence (AI) and robotics;
- FinTech (including payments systems, crypto-assets/cryptocurrencies and blockchain, and AI and machine learning);
- other areas of commercial and administrative law including equity/trusts and property/estates.
He is available to provide legal services to solicitors, in-house counsel and to members of the public in direct briefing cases.
He is available to provide legal advice and undertake appearances before courts, tribunals and board/commissions of inquiry. He is also available for speaking and training appearances. He has given guest lectures at the University of Melbourne and has spoken at many conferences and events.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards legislation.