Nic practices primarily in commercial law and professional liability. He accepts briefs to draw paperwork in his listed areas of specialty.
Prior to coming to the Bar, Nic was Associate to the Honourable Justice Murphy in the Federal Court of Australia. Nic previously worked in the Insurance group at Lander & Rogers.
Some matters in which Nic has been briefed are listed below.
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission v Merlin Diamonds Limited  FCA 1546 (appointment of provisional liquidator, with M Osborne QC)
- Re Freestyle Technology Limited S ECI 02254 (shareholder oppression, with P L Ehrlich QC)
- Re Keath’s Excavations Pty Ltd S ECI 2018 00105 (shareholder oppression)
- Manning v Singh & Anor S ECI 2019 01966 (shareholder oppression)
- TSSI Mawson Lakes Pty Ltd v Unicorn Crystal Holdings Pty Ltd & Ors (shareholder oppression and breach of joint venture agreement, with P L Ehrlich QC, then I M Martindale QC)
Partnerships, trusts and joint ventures
- Re Cropak Pty Ltd S ECI 2018 01315; S ECI 2018 (with P L Ehrlich QC)
- Hill & Ors v Hill & Ors; Putz & Associates (dispute between superannuation fund members; accountant negligence, with D V Aghion)
- Kogan v Eydlish S CI 2016 2407 (account between partners, with P L Ehrlich QC)
- Yap v Lee  VSC 174 (administration suit following loss of trust deed, with P L Ehrlich QC)
Professional liability and consumer protection
- Hindle v Ultra Tune Australia Pty Ltd CI-17-03723 (debt, accountant negligence)
- Panayiotides v Australian Securities and Investments Commission  AATA 2383 (review of banning order, with P L Ehrlich QC, then S Rubenstein)
- Rossi Group Pty Ltd v South Gippsland Shire Council  VCAT 1356
- Williams & Ors v Nugara & Ors S ECI 2019 04263 (accountant negligence)
- Schiavon (VWA) v Fox Hay Timber and Hardware Pty Ltd (OHS prosecution, 14 November 2018)
Construction and real property
- Alphington Developments Pty Ltd (Glenvill) v Amcor Limited S ECI 2017 00145 (with M Osborne QC, D V Aghion, G Douglas)
- Baptist & Anor v Lang & Anor CI-18-00735 (specific performance of construction contract)
- Bar Chambers Pty Ltd v Flagship (Penny Place) Pty Ltd & Anor ERD258/2018 (with P L Ehrlich QC)
- Hancock & Anor v Niran & Anor CI-18-05776 (adverse possession)
- Gledhill v Scotia Property Maintenance Pty Ltd  VCAT 422 (limitations)
- Nashed v AMT Design and Construction Pty Ltd  VCAT 208 (costs)
- Owners Corporation PS409045Y v Scharmberg  VCAT 887
- Assadi v Director of Public Housing CI-15-02697 (public liability, with S Loftus)
- Ezra Abrahams Pty Ltd v Milburn  VSCA 355 (appeal from judgment following no-case submission, with D V Aghion)
- Graham v Milisits & Ors S CI 2017 02458 (workers’ compensation, with P Hayes QC)
- Informatie Technologisch Bureau Compuphase v Profile Music Australia Pty S ECI 2018 00938 (enforcement of foreign judgment)
- Total and Permanent Disability claims for plaintiffs
- Yacht Club Sopot SP. Z. O.O. v the ship Monster Project & Anor NSD2390/2018 (maritime mortgage enforcement, with E Cox SC)
Regulatory and public law
- Advice on Therapeutic Goods Administration device recalls
- Advice to the Victorian Pharmacy Authority concerning the Pharmacy Regulation Act 2010 (Vic)
- Advice on VIT teacher registration scheme
- AIX19 v Minister for Immigration, Citizenship and Multicultural Affairs & Anor VID56/2019 (with L De Ferrari SC)
Nic is treasurer of the list committee of Svenson Barristers, a member of Scope Victoria’s Human Research Ethics Committee, and author of the Victorian Supreme Court practice chapter in Thomson Reuters’ Practical Law.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards legislation.